As the nights draw in and a certain chill lingers in the air, it’s time to start prepping for when the frost truly sets in!
7 simple tips to get ahead of the game:
- Give your knitwear and blankets a refresh by popping them on a wool wash and lying them flat to dry
- Take the winter coats out of their stash and give them a good shake before hanging outside to air
- Pop a pair of thick woollen socks into your car’s glove compartment. You’ll never be caught out when it’s a particularly frosty drive home!
- If 2-wheeled transport is more your thing, how about whipping up some wrist warmers, handle-bar cosies, or even a seat cover?
- To store, gently fold your knitted garments for the drawer and hang any woven woollens
- Make sure to leave your wellies and thick socks by the radiator to keep them warm and dry
- ‘Tis the season of giving – sort through your wardrobe for unloved jumpers and disused blankets. Donate them to your nearest homeless shelters and hostels, and keep everyone toasty this winter
What would be your top tip?